
Michelle asked me to blog the recipe for bean soup. So here goes....
Boil 1 bag navy beans and then take off heat and let sit for an hour. I used a ham bone from a ham we ate, but you can also purchase a couple of hamhocks. I cut up celery, carrots and onion real fine....( Nick won't even know they are in there Michelle, they cook down wayyyy small) And then about 3/4 teaspon thyme and a bay leaft, and some salt and pepper. You put all this into a crockpot on high...add the beans and let it simmer until it looks thick...Mash up the beans as best as you can with a tater masher or just leave them whole, that's up to you. I mash them...and viola...bean soup. And it is YUUUUUUUUUUMMY!!! I will post pics next time...sorry for not taking any. But I will leave you with a cute one, of my new nephew Isaac.

That sounds really good Jody!!! Thank you for posting it. Would you mind if I put it on my recipe blog??
ReplyDeleteLove the baby picture. What a ham he is!
ReplyDelete